Hot and richly fruity, this sauce featuring local BC raspberries will be a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Source: Canadian Living Magazine, by the Canadian Living Test Kitchen.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 55 min
Total Time: 1 hr 5 min
Calories: 846 kcal
- Chicken Wings - 3 lbs
- Vegetable Oil - 2 tbsps.
- Onion - 1, chopped
- BC Raspberries, fresh or frozen - 2 cups
- Raspberry, or Red Wine Vinegar - 2 tbsps.
- Molasses, - 2 tbsps., fancy
- Honey - 1 tbsp, liquid
- Chipotle Pepper in adobo sauce - 1 tbsp.
- Feta cheese crumbled - 1/2 cup
- Sea Salt & Pepper - 1 tsp, each
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Remove tips from chicken wings and reserve for stock if desired, separate wings at joint.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat, fry onion, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add BC Raspberries, vinegar, molasses, honey, chipotle and half each of sea salt & pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered and stirring often, until reduced by half, about 12 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Scape into a blender; puree Pressing on solids, strain through fine mesh sieve into a large bowl. Set aside. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days.)
- Toss wings with remaining sea salt and pepper. Place on foil-lined rimmed baking sheet, place in oven and bake until crisp and juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 30 minutes.
- Add to raspberry mixture in bowl, toss to coat. Return to oven, bake, turning once, for an additional 5 minutes. Serve with remaining sauce for dipping.