Pairing local chicken with this BC strawberry & peppercorn sauce provides a taste of summer, regardless of the season.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 40 min
Calories: 494 kcal
- 4 six oz chicken breasts
- 3 cups BC strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp. shallots
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2.5 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 5 Tbsp red wine
- 5 Tbsp demi-glace (available at speciality deli’s or Knorr Swiss mix)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 24 asparagus tips
- Rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Heat saucepan with olive oil on medium heat, add shallot and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add sugar and peppercorns, stir for 10 seconds, add vinegar, red wine and strawberries; reduce for 3 minutes.
- Add demi-glaze, cook slowly for 3 more minutes, take from heat and add the cold butter.
- Grill or BBQ chicken breasts, cook asparagus al dente.
- Arrange chicken and asparagus on plate. Pour sauce over the chicken and garnish with rosemary.