Inspired by the incredible team at Canuck Place Children's Hospice, this is a nutritious and delicious sheet pan recipe that can be prepared in under an hour with minimal mess. BC Chicken farmers are proud to donate local chicken to Canuck Place.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Total Time: 1 hr 0 min
Calories: 805 kcal
- 3 lbs chicken thighs and/or drumsticks
- 1 lb rainbow cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups small nugget potatoes
- 1 red pepper (chopped into cubes)
- 1 yellow pepper (chopped into cubes)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 ribs celery (diced)
- ½ cup pitted olives
- 6 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili flakes (or more to taste)
- 1/3 cup parsley (chopped) for garnish
- 1 lemon zested for garnish
- grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss together the tomatoes, red pepper, yellow pepper, onion, celery, garlic, white wine, oregano, tomato paste, oil, basil, olives and half of the salt and pepper. Add the chili flakes, if using.
- In a bowl toss potato with 2 tbsp olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Spread potatoes evenly across the sheet pan.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Season with the remaining salt and pepper. Toss the chicken into vegetable mixture to coat it. Transfer the vegetables to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet .
- Arrange the chicken evenly apart on top of vegetables. Bake until the chicken is golden brown, cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- To finish sprinkle chopped parsley, lemon zest and grated parmesan cheese.